The Specialist Sales Manager (SSM) adds value to Microsoft by developing high-performing SSP and TSP individuals and teams who meet or exceed quota across all Microsoft the Data Center workloads and solution areas, including Private Cloud, Windows Server, Systems Center Server, Public Cloud, Azure, EMS, Identity and Access.
Success in this job deliverable is measured by quota being met or exceeded across all SSP assigned opportunities by ensuring the delivery of customer-centric, solution-focused sales engagements; competitive and Microsoft workload/solution area readiness; the expansion of sales engagement resources across workloads/solution areas by ensuring the engagement of solution partners in Microsoft-led opportunities; and having the strongest Solution Specialist Sales team in place, who will endure on the deployment of Windows Server 2012 and Hyper V, as well System Center 2012, Azure and EMS winning lighthouse accounts that can be used as reference
- Managing the overall team process to develop Data Center workload/solution area, competitive and strategic initiative opportunity and pipeline assessment. These workloads/solution areas span the well managed and secure infrastructure to our future cloud investments.
- Developing and maintaining a valid, healthy team pipeline.
- Managing a team of Solution Sales Specialists whose role is to provide presales technical support and guidance to our customers. This includes providing and managing customers, where required, Architectural Design Sessions (ADS) and proof-of-concepts (POCs).
- Growing and maintaining a healthy partner ecosystem.
- Developing a resource allocation strategy that enables effective opportunity engagement.
- Growing individual employees into effective and knowledgeable Solution Sales Professionals and Technology Solution Professionals who are motivated and committed to their customers and internal teams.
- Hiring qualified individuals with high potential to succeed.
- Growing and maintaining healthy customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or computer science (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 8years relevant experience
- Professional training – Sales and partner management, complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Holden , etc.), sales methodologies (equivalent to MSSP), broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis, Line of Business applications space, business process consulting or automation, CRM (Siebel or other), Employee Performance Management (systems and processes)
This person is an SME in:
- Sales – previous experience leading technical and non-technical sales teams with quotas/targets
- People – people management and professional skills development of employees; hiring, development and attrition experience with teams; readiness and career plan development
- Organization – experience in successfully implementing new organization models (e.g., such as the STU), including change management aspects
- Understanding and knowledge of MS (and competitor) products and technologies is a plus
- Leadership skills, particularly as they relate to managing strategic issues such as revenue growth, competitive challenges, technology trends and other issues impacting GMs
- Ability to engage at C-level
- Process orientation, using the Envisioning Framework, CRM and other Microsoft methodologies (or external equivalents).
- Sales skills, per ISS and MSSP training and methodologies (or external equivalents).
- Continued progress in cultural shift (humility, stewardship, customer satisfaction).
- Combination of business acumen expertise and technology knowledge to understand how customer business issues impact their IT environments.
- Coaching direct reports in pipeline management, opportunity management, and planning.
- Facilitating/encouraging cross-team account and resource planning.
- Hiring high potential employees who align with current requirements and can grow into future requirements and roles.
How to Apply
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Install Windows 10/8/7 From USB Flash Drive with UEFI Support - January 31, 2019
- Windows 10’s Top 30 Tricks, Tips, and Tweaks in Pictures - January 26, 2019
- How to Use Google Docs Offline - December 22, 2018