Stop unnecessary and promotional messages from MTN Nigeria by Enabling DND mode in your SIM.
MTN Do-not-disturb (DND) is a service introduced by MTN Nigeria to help MTN subscribers subscribe and unsubscribe from specific promotional messages. You can do this by sending the service code to 2442. The service also allow you to unsubscribe from receiving all promotional messages.
What are the main features of DND?
The service will feature the following:
- Fully Blocked mode allowing customers to Opt Out totally from receiving promotional messages via SMS and IVR.
- Partially Blocked mode allowing customers to filter service categories for promotional messages they wish to receive. Any category not selected is blocked.
How much does DND cost?
The service is free to customers.
How to activate DND
A customer will be able to perform the following DND activities via SMS
- View Status
- Activate full blocking
- Activate partial blocking
- Opt out of DND
Simply text HELP to the short code 2442 to find out more.
The following SMS keywords can be used to set your DND preference.
- STOP: To stop all SMS and IVR messages
- ALLOW: To receive all SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 1: To receive Banking / Insurance/ Financial Products SMS
- SMS 2: To receive Real Estate SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 3: To receive Education SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 4: To receive Health SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 5: To receive Consumer goods & Automobiles SMS and IVR messages
- SMS6: To receive Communication/Broadcasting/Entertainment/IT SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 7: To receive Tourism & Leisure SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 8: To receive Sport SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 9: To receive Religion SMS and IVR messages
- STATUS: To check your DND status
How to Deactivate DND
To opt out of the service, you will need to text the word “ALLOW” to the short code 2442. To opt-out is free.
How to check status
To check status, you will need to text the keyword STATUS to 2442
Recieve Free Email Updates!
Subscribe to get new updates instantly delivered to your inbox. Select the specific category you want to recieve updates on and enter your email address below.
*A confirmation message will be sent to you, login to your e-mail account and click on the confirmation link to start enjoying this service.
Get the latest news on your Android mobile, Download our Android App
- How To
- June 1, 2014
- How To
- January 29, 2014
- February 3, 2015
- December 18, 2015
- How To
- December 25, 2016
- April 21, 2014