Why do people download Chrome on Mac?. Why do people prefer Google Chrome over Safari?. And why do people download Chrome, to begin with?. The answer is simple; Chrome is faster than Safari—Apple’s web browser.
While Safari, Apple’s native browser, offers an excellent browsing experience, it may not always meet the diverse needs of users, particularly when it comes to extensions and cross-platform functionality. As a result, many users opt to download Chrome on Mac rather than use Apple’s Safari browser.
Steps to Download Chrome on Mac
Since Chrome doesn’t come pre-installed on a Mac, a manual installation is in order.
- Launch Safari by clicking on its icon in the Dock (a blue compass with a red needle).
- Visit the Google Chrome page in your browser and initiate the download by clicking “Download Chrome.”
- If the download doesn’t commence, locate and click “Download Chrome” in the upper-right corner.
- Once the download completes, you’ll find the file in your Mac’s download folder. Click on the Downloads icon, then double-click on googlechrome.dmg. A Downloads icon will also appear at the top-right corner of the Safari window, click on it to access the downloaded file. This action opens up a disk image.
- Drag and drop the Google Chrome icon into your Applications folder.
- To open Google Chrome, either select the icon from Launchpad or type “Chrome” into Spotlight (Command + Space).
- When launching Chrome for the first time, a security prompt will appear, indicating that it was downloaded from the internet. Click “Open” to proceed to sign in to your Google account. Opt to make Chrome your default browser and you’re good to go.
Check out our previous article on how to install Google Chrome on Ubuntu in 2023.
Search recipes for this entry:
- google chrome mac download