The fact that youtube doesn’t allow users to download videos is not news anymore. This has been the case for a very long time. By prohibiting download of their videos, youtube can monetize their videos. This way users can stream videos, alongside the ads that play before the actual video itself.
Putting aside the awesome streaming service youtube offers, users still desire to download youtube videos directly to their devices, for a lot of obvious reasons. Take for example you wish to start learning java off a java playlist, having to return to previous videos when you forget a particular step, can be very stressful, especially in scenarios where you have a poor internet connection. Hence the need to download youtube videos directly to your device. Downloading the java tutorial videos from youtube will make the whole revision process seamless.
Thanks to thoughtful thinking from a lot of developers around the world, downloading youtube videos has become a reality. In this article, we explore a tutorial, containing three easy ways to downloading youtube videos on your PC. These methods apply to both Windows and MAC computers. Methods are listed below.
Download Youtube videos on PC, Using 4k Video Downloader
1. Visit 4K downloader official website and download the 4k downloader software to your PC, Via this link.. 4K downloader is available on both Windows and MAC platform.
2. Install and launch 4k Video downloader on your PC:
On Windows computers, you are required to double click the setup file and then click yes when prompted. after which you are to follow the on-screen prompts
On MAC, you are also expected to double click the setup file, verify the installation if necessary, and then drag the 4k video downloader icon to the ”Applications folder”, after which you are to follow on-screen prompts.
3. Visit Youtube.com, using the browser on your PC and then navigate to the video you want to download.
4. Copy the URL of the youtube video you wish to download. On windows, you can hold Ctrl+A to copy video URL. While on MAC you are required to hold ⌘ Command+A to copy fully select the URL and then hold Ctrl+C or ⌘ Command+C to copy URL.
5. Launch 4k downloader on your PC: Normally, the 4k downloader automatically opens when you copy a youtube URL. In case it doesn’t open automatically, you are required to launch it by your self. 6. Paste Video link in 4k downloader: To paste the copied youtube video link, you are required to click the ”+” icon covered engrossed on green color. 4k Downloader will then extract the youtube address.
7. Select the video format and video quality you desire. Note: Downloading with a video quality higher than what your PC can resolve is pointless, as you won’t get the true quality of the video. If your PC maxes at 1080p, download 1080p. If your PC maxes at 4k, you can download videos with 4k resolution.
8. Click the download button, and select the folder you want to place the downloaded video.
Download Youtube videos on PC, Convert2MP3
Convert2MP3 is another platform that allows users to download youtube videos to their devices. Unlike the 4K downloader, Convert2MP3 is not an app; it can only be accessed via the website. convert2mp3.com. Steps to downloading Youtube videos on PC using the Convert2MP3 platform is given below:
1. Visit youtube.com on your PC using an internet browser and then navigate to the video you wish to download.
2. Copy the URL of the youtube video you want to download. On windows, you can hold Ctrl+A to copy video URL. While on MAC you are required to hold ⌘ Command+A to copy fully select the URL and then hold Ctrl+C or ⌘ Command+C to copy URL.
3. Visit http://convert2mp3.com on your browser
4. Paste the video URL in the box provided. To paste a video link, press either Ctrl+V (Windows) or ⌘ Command+V (Mac)
5. Select Mp3 or Mp4. If you desire to convert the video to mp3 format, to be played as audio, you should select mp3 format. If you want to play the youtube video in video format, select the mp4 format.
6. Select video quality. Convert2MP3 video quality maxes at 1080p. You are advised to download the video quality your PC can output.
7. Click the convert button on the right side of the page. The youtube address would be converted to a downloadable MP4 or MP3 file.
8. Click on download and the youtube video will start downloading.
Note: If you the video quality you chose is higher the original video quality of the video or you tried downloading a copyrighted video, the video won’t download. You will be given an error message, before the video finish processing.
Download Youtube videos on PC, VLC Player
1 Visit youtube.com on your PC using an internet browser and then navigate to the video you wish to download
2. Copy the URL of the youtube video you want to download. On windows, you can hold Ctrl+A to copy video URL. While on MAC you are required to press ⌘ Command+A to copy entirely select the URL and then holdCtrl+C or ⌘ Command+C to copy URL.
3. Open VLC player on your PC. In case you have not downloaded VLC player, you can download VLC player from this link. VLC is available on both Windows and MAC OS platform.
4. Open Aa new network stream on your VLC player. Network stream allows users to play content from your web browser in VLC. To access the network stream on your VLC player follow these steps
- Windows – Click Media, and then proceed to click Open Network stream
- MAC – Click file, and then continue to click open Network
5. Paste the copied URL in the box provided. Paste the video URL in the box provided. To paste a video link, press either Ctrl+V (Windows) or ⌘ Command+V (Mac)
6. Click on the play button below the video. The youtube video will open VLC
7. View codec information. To view codec information, follow these steps:
- Windows — Click Tools, and then click Codec Information
- MAC click the window and then click on Media Information.
8. Copy the “Location” field. At the bottom of the window, you’ll see a long address that you’ll need to copy:
- For Windows — Right-click the “Location” text field, click Select All, and then right-click it again and click Copy.
- For MAC — Right-click (or Control-click) the “Location” text field and click Open URL.
9. Open a new browser tab and then paste the copied URL in the URL box and click enter 10. Download the video: To download the video, you are required to the right click the video and click save the video. The video will automatically start downloading as an MP4 on your PC There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on three ways to download youtube videos on your PC. If you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.