- Implement and manages databases per defined standards and procedures
- Analyzes and provides recommendations on application logic and interfaces to improve database performance, capacity, and availability
- Identifies opportunities to optimize application data models for performance, manageability, scalability and availability
- Performs database administration activities such as storage management, backup and recovery using RMAN, and performance tuning
- Analyzes and resolves critical and complex database issues
- Ensures successful, daily backups and guaranteed recoverability
- Responds to monitoring alerts and high severity problem tickets, applying analytical, problem solving, and resolution skills to handle scenarios
- Define mechanisms to improve SQL performance
- Works with fellow database administrators in defining standards for backup and recovery, performance tuning, disaster recovery, high availability and monitoring
- Works with Infrastructure and development teams in delivering optimal database solutions throughout the life cycle
- Identifies tasks to be automated, developing scripts and supporting documentation
- Seeks and contributes to the continuous improvement of the databases and database environment
- Leads internal Infrastructure DBA projects
- Creates test and implementation plans
- Performs duties in such a way as to serve as an example to other DBAs in the department
- Maintains accurate and up to date documentation
- Performs research and evaluation of new database features and technology
Required Skills and Expertise
- Have worked on oracle 10g/11g RAC on Unix HP/Sun/Aix/Linux/Windows
- Experienced in the design and support of large Oracle and mission critical databases in a 24/7 environment
- Proven experience in troubleshooting complex Oracle database problems such as performance, corruption and recovery
- Understanding of Cloud based database strategies and configuration
- Intermediate knowledge of database internals and data structures, including defining init.ora parameters for optimum performance and understanding Oracle V$ system tables
- Proficient in designing advanced backup and recovery procedures using RMAN
- Experience in implementing and supporting complex architectures such as high availability, disaster recovery and scalability using utilities such as Oracle Dataguard
- Experience in managing Oracle databases on clustered hardware
- Experience with Oracle 10g/11g features such as Locally Managed Tablespaces, Transportable Tables and Automated Storage Management.
- Experience deploying and managing databases with enterprise monitoring and management tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Understanding of Oracle Real Application Clusters technology
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 6 years experience in Business Controls, time management and ability to multi task
- Ability to speak English language fluently
- At least 8 years experience in Business Controls, time management and ability to multi task
- TAGS :
Recieve Free Email Updates!
Subscribe to get new updates instantly delivered to your inbox. Select the specific category you want to recieve updates on and enter your email address below.
*A confirmation message will be sent to you, login to your e-mail account and click on the confirmation link to start enjoying this service.
Get the latest news on your Android mobile, Download our Android App