If you are a Bachelor’s Degree holder in IT or Computer Science with at least 6 years experience in Business Controls, time management and ability to multi task, get your CV ready, IBM calls.
- Implement and manages databases per defined standards and procedures
- Analyzes and provides recommendations on application logic and interfaces to improve database performance, capacity, and availability
- Identifies opportunities to optimize application data models for performance, manageability, scalability and availability
- Performs database administration activities such as storage management, backup and recovery using RMAN, and performance tuning
- Analyzes and resolves critical and complex database issues
- Ensures successful, daily backups and guaranteed recoverability
- Responds to monitoring alerts and high severity problem tickets, applying analytical, problem solving, and resolution skills to handle scenarios
- Define mechanisms to improve SQL performance
- Works with fellow database administrators in defining standards for backup and recovery, performance tuning, disaster recovery, high availability and monitoring
- Works with Infrastructure and development teams in delivering optimal database solutions throughout the life cycle
- Identifies tasks to be automated, developing scripts and supporting documentation
- Seeks and contributes to the continuous improvement of the databases and database environment
- Leads internal Infrastructure DBA projects
- Creates test and implementation plans
- Performs duties in such a way as to serve as an example to other DBAs in the department
- Maintains accurate and up to date documentation
- Performs research and evaluation of new database features and technology
Required Skills and Expertise
- Have worked on oracle 10g/11g RAC on Unix HP/Sun/Aix/Linux/Windows
- Experienced in the design and support of large Oracle and mission critical databases in a 24/7 environment
- Proven experience in troubleshooting complex Oracle database problems such as performance, corruption and recovery
- Understanding of Cloud based database strategies and configuration
- Intermediate knowledge of database internals and data structures, including defining init.ora parameters for optimum performance and understanding Oracle V$ system tables
- Proficient in designing advanced backup and recovery procedures using RMAN
- Experience in implementing and supporting complex architectures such as high availability, disaster recovery and scalability using utilities such as Oracle Dataguard
- Experience in managing Oracle databases on clustered hardware
- Experience with Oracle 10g/11g features such as Locally Managed Tablespaces, Transportable Tables and Automated Storage Management.
- Experience deploying and managing databases with enterprise monitoring and management tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Understanding of Oracle Real Application Clusters technology
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 6 years experience in Business Controls, time management and ability to multi task
- Ability to speak English language fluently
- At least 8 years experience in Business Controls, time management and ability to multi task
To apply logon to the job application page and hit the apply button. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The following two tabs change content below.
Senior executive editor at EwtNet
A web developer, IT undergrad, terrible entrepreneur, internet freak and a man of a few other incongruous talents, Ebenezer has been writing on technology since 2012, and plans to do so until a few days before his ultimate fate: cryogenic preservation. If resurrected, he is likely to go back to writing on technology.
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Install Windows 10/8/7 From USB Flash Drive with UEFI Support - January 31, 2019
- How to Use Google Docs Offline - December 22, 2018
- EaseUS Free Data Recovery Wizard Lets you get back lost files - August 27, 2017
- TAGS :