By: Joseph Onyemakonor
Most times when people hear start a business online, they think you have to be involved in some short of Advance Fee Fraud (popularly known as “yahoo yahoo”) before you can make a good make online but they are 100% wrong. It is absolutely possible to make money online, in fact it is quite similar to any business you own at home or in your local because you have to put in your time and effort to it if you want your business to be successful in the business. Starting a business in Nigeria can be quite demanding, you need capital, land, Labour (depending on what you want to go into) but online quite different because you will put in Little Capital and start making a good amount of money when it is time to rip, but first you have to make the move by investing. Here are some business to you can start online that is sure to yield income:
- Blogging: This is one of the many ways of making money online. With About N6000 you can start a blog. People will pay you to advertise their product on your blog and you will get to make money online. It can also be a steady source of income. Take a Look at how much the owner of Jaguda, one of Nigeria most popular music blog makes per day. Blogging can be a very lucrative business to go into online. Not because you will make money from it eventually, it gives you the opportunity to put your thoughts in decent lines and reach out to people in need.
- Bulk SMS: Bulk SMS is a service that provision customize messages .i.e. you can send message with sender name as NairaTrain. With N10,000 you can start your own block SMS service with a reseller account. Aside the fact that people will buy SMS units from you online, you can also make money with this by sending for Organizations, Schools, Churches, Mosques e.t.c. A popular SMS site that you can get started with is linkosms their pricings is quite affordable
- Marketing: Marketing online is similar to that offline. It requires a capital less than N2,000 to start up. You will be required to sell information, books, products e.t.c. to a customer and he pays into your bank account directly. You can also sell other people products and get commission for it.
- Article Writing: If you are a good writer, you can start writing for other bloggers and get paid once your article is reviewed and accepted. This is also another business you can investing full time. They are also sites that hire writers to continuously write for them.
- Website designing Compay: If you have skills in website designing, you can start a website design company online. The market is wider there and you are liable to more business online. Starting this business requires you to a website only and maybe a few port folio of previous work.
Once you get started online, business, it can serve as a support to your job offline or you can face it full time. It may take some time before your business gets fully established online but when it does, you will enjoy the benefits.