The West African Certificate Examination Council (WAEC) is responsible for conducting the annual West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for students in senior secondary school (SSS) or senior high school (SHS). The examination is written five English-speaking West African countries, Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Liberia.
The end of each WAEC examination is followed by an excruciating suspense. Even after the results are out, it’s not always a welcome idea to rush to the next cyber cafe to check your WAEC result. This guide is provided to help you check your WAEC result from the comfort of your bed using your mobile phone.
Before we proceed, you should consider the types of WAEC examinations below to avoid mismatching dates.
Types of WASSCE
The examination is written in two different batch.
- The WASSCE (November/December): Also known as the G.C.E. by its old name (General Certificate Examinations), students from government and private schools are able to take this exam. Uniforms are not needed, but other rules must be obeyed by the students. This exam is only taken in the fall season(November/December), and the grades are available by December.
- The WASSCE (May/June): Also known as the S.S.C.E. by its old name (Senior School Certificate Examinations), this exam is ideally made for students who go to government schools. Students from private schools, that are well known in the country, can only sit for this exam in any government schools. They must also wear a type of uniforms as the teachers want them to wear. This exam is only taken in the spring season, and the grades are usually available on or before August of the same year.
Depending on the type of WASSCE examination you wrote, your grades should be available by January or July for November/December and May/June batch respectively.
How to check WAEC result on phone
Time needed: 1 minute.
To check your WAEC result through SMS simply, send an SMS in the format below:
- Open your SMS/Messaging App
Open the SMS application on your mobile phone.
- Create a new message
Create a new message, like you would send a message to a friend.
- Enter your WAEC info
In the new SMS window, type WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear
- Send SMS
Send the SMS to the short-code 32327 (MTN, Airtel & Glo subscribers). For example: WAEC*4250101001*123456789012*2007
Ensure you adhere strictly to the format above . There should be no space in the message. Wait for your result to be delivered to your phone via SMS. (SMS cost N30 only)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The e-PIN stands for Electronic Personal Identification Number. In WAECDIRECT, it is a unique 10-digit or 12-digit number that is required to access the service. The service enables direct access to a candidate’s results via multiple channels. The e-PIN is found in a valid WAEC Voucher.
An Electronic PIN may be purchased at the National office of WAEC and at any of its Zonal and Branch Offices across Nigeria. From time to time it may become available at any other outlets so designated by WAEC. The reviewed price for the e-PIN is now N700.
No, you can check your WAEC result as many times as you like, however, you may only check your result up to a maximum of 5 (five) times with the use of 1 (one) e-PIN. In order to check further after exhausting the allowed 5 (five) times, you will need to purchase another e-PIN which will entitle you to another 5 (five) result checks.
Kindly send the following details to [email protected] for verification and assistance
– Error message displayed
– Your examination number
– Type of Exam
– Year of Exam.
– Visit http://www.waecdirect.org/ or the nearest WAEC office for Further enquirers
WASSCE Grades and Meaning
The grades below are given on the WASSCE certificates for the students who finished their exams. They also depend on how well the students did in their exams.
You may only use one e-PIN Voucher to check one result. To check another result of interest, you will require a new e-PIN Voucher. If you misuse a e-PIN Voucher by attempting to check another result different from the first one checked, you will be penalised as having used the e-PIN, and will be presented with the appropriate error message.
Search recipes for this entry:
- 2011 waec result
- HOW TO CHECK WASSCE RESULT ON PHONE 2015
- www waecdirect org 2019 results
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Install Windows 10/8/7 From USB Flash Drive with UEFI Support - January 31, 2019
- Windows 10’s Top 30 Tricks, Tips, and Tweaks in Pictures - January 26, 2019
- How to Use Google Docs Offline - December 22, 2018