If you really want to get fancy, augment those hotkeys and use Windows 10 like a ninja, try new Windows 10 touchpad gestures for laptop.
Microsoft changed Windows for the better when it introduced trackpad gestures in Windows 8. The new gestures made controlling your PC a far more fluid experience, helping you get things done more efficiently without the need for mouse-like buttons at the top of the touch area.
In Windows 10, Microsoft improved on Windows 8’s foundation. Beyond integrating existing gestures, the company added new touch controls and dumped items that wouldn’t make any sense in Windows 10, like swiping in from the right edge for the Charms bar (since Windows 10 doesn’t have a Charms bar).
The only requirement for using these gestures is that you have a precision touchpad, so some older laptops won’t be able to use them.
If you’re not sure if your touchpad supports gestures, open the Settings app and go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad. Under the “Touchpad” heading it will say “Your PC has a precision touchpad” if you can swipe and tap instead of clicking.
- Select an item: Tap on the touchpad
- Scroll: Place two fingers on the touchpad and slide horizontally or vertically
- Zoom in and out: Place two fingers on the touchpad and pinch in or stretch out.
- Right-click: Tap the touchpad with two fingers, or press on the bottom right corner
- Open Task View: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe up (away from you).
- Show desktop: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe down (towards you). Reverse the movement to get all your windows to return.
- Switch between open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe right or left (this is the same as pressing Alt + Tab).
- Drag an open window: Double-tap and then drag from the title bar
- Open Cortana: Tap the touchpad with three fingers. If you’d rather this gesture opened Action Center instead, you can change this default in Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
Latest posts by EWT News Service (see all)
- Emiliano Sala: Body identified after recovery on Wednesday - February 8, 2019
- Anthony Martial close to signing a new Five-year contract extension with Man Utd - January 30, 2019
- Windows 10’s Top 30 Tricks, Tips, and Tweaks in Pictures - January 26, 2019
Recieve Free Email Updates!
Subscribe to get new updates instantly delivered to your inbox. Select the specific category you want to recieve updates on and enter your email address below.
*A confirmation message will be sent to you, login to your e-mail account and click on the confirmation link to start enjoying this service.
Get the latest news on your Android mobile, Download our Android App
- PC Hacks
- February 27, 2014
- February 25, 2015
- October 24, 2014
- June 12, 2012
- How To
- November 30, 2015
- December 10, 2015