If you don’t have a home internet access, your best bet is to use your Android smartphone to distribute your cellular Internet connection to your other devices. Using our guidelines provided in video, picture gallery and text format you can learn how to configure Wi-Fi hotspot in an Android smartphone.
WiFi hotspot enables users with WiFi supported devices to tether internet connection across other devices. Although, there are few security concerns using Wi-Fi but with the right techniques and common-sense you can learn how to configure Wi-Fi hotspot and share internet from your Samsung, Tecno and Infinix smartphone to your PC or other mobile devices.
Further Reading: How to boost WIFI connections on Your Laptop
Smartphone usage statistics from Jan-Oct 2014 shows that Android OS is winning the smartphone war in Nigeria. Infinix, Tecno and Samsung smartphones are at the very top of the food chain in Android smartphone usage among Nigerians.
Since most internet users [in Nigeria] access the internet from the mobile data, it makes sense for Android users to get acquainted with the inbuilt portable hotspot facility that comes pre-installed in most Android devices.
Further Reading: 6 Premium Android phones or tablets you can purchase for ₦9,999+
Be it on Huawei Y6 Prime 2019, Samsung Galaxy S10+, Infinix Zero 5 or any Android smartphone out there, these guide is ready to get you started with portable hotspot on your device.
Click on any of the formats listed above to access this tutorial in that format.
How to use and configure Wi-fi on Samsung, Teno, Infinix and other Android smart phone?
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Follow this step to step guide to learn how to configure Wi-Fi Hotspot on your Samsung, Tecno, Infinix and any other Android smartphone.
- Go to your Android phone’s settings
From the Home screen, tap the Application screens icon > Find and tap Settings.
On newer versions of Android, you can simply pull down Android control panel and click on the gear icon.
- Wireless & networks settings
From your Settings screen, locate Wireless & Networks block and tap Tethering & Portable Hotspot. If you can’t find Tethering & portable hotspot on your settings home screen, tap More > Tethering and portable hotspot.
On some version of Android, you can hold the upper screen of your Infinix smartphone or Tecno smartphone and scroll down. Turn “On” hotspot from the menu. You will see a notification requesting you to touch to configure hotspot, just touch the notification.
- Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot
From the Tethering & portable hotspot screen, tap Wi-Fi hotspot and select Set up Wi-Fi hotspot. Here you can set your WIFI’s SSID and security.
The SSID or Network Name is the name of your Wi-Fi connection. Change the name to any name of your choice, the default name is usually “AndroidAp”
You can change the security option, to any of your choice, such as, “Open” which allows any WI-fi enabled device to connect to your smartphone without requesting for a password. While WPA PSK and WPA2 PSK allows you to put your preferred password.
Using Portable Wi-Fi hotspot on Android Smartphones
Once you’re done, subscribe to an Internet plan for your smartphone, turn on your mobile data and hotspot. If you are in Qatar, Vodafone offers some of the most flexible data plans in Qatar. Glo Ghana data and Glo Nigeria data are more prominent in Ghana and Nigeria respectively.
Your WIFI hotspot is now functional and can be used on basically every Android device that support WiFi connection including, Honor 8X, Infinix Diamond, Tecno Camon 11 Pro, Xiaomi Redmi Go, Tecno phantom and on any PC that has a WiFi adapter.
Turn on your Infinix WLAN hotspot and your laptop WLAN and search for available networks and connect. That’s all you need to configure your WLAN Hotspot and start using your Infinix smartphone to power your laptops and smartphones WLAN, up to multiple devices simultaneously
Data plans for PC Users
If you going to use your mobile data on your PC be ready to re-adjust your monthly data budget. Luckily, network providers in Nigeria and Ghana has improved their data offers in recent years.
In the last few years, network providers in Nigeria have undertaken a revolution in upgrading their data plans. Glo has upgraded. MTN has upgraded. And Airtel was last to arrive at the party – all featuring data plans with a bandwidth of 12GB – 48GB at giveaway prices.
Glo Mobile Ghana offers the most affordable data in Ghana. Indeed, the tech giant has launched various revolutionary data bundles, including Glo Unlimited Data 24/7 Pack, for instance, which gives you unlimited data and voice call for a whole month.
Here is a list of Vodafone Qatar internet pack activation and deactivation codes. We have selected all the offers in place and grouped them into daily, weekly and monthly plans.
How to use and configure Wi-Fi on Infinix smartphones in Pictures?
This picture walk-through guides you on how you can set up Wi-Fi hotspot on your Android smartphone using infinix example.
Click on the images to expand and use the arrow keys to browse.
The same techniques will work on all Android devices. Using your mobile data on PC is obviously going to be more costly than Internet to the home bills, you may consider this data subscription plans to make an informed decision.
Video Guide on How to Use and Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot on Android Smartphones
The video demonstration is recorded on Infinix Zero 4 smartphone, but the same procedure is used to configure Wi-Fi hotspot on any Android device.
Search recipes for this entry:
- infinix hotspot
- activating mobile Hotspot on glo data plan
- infinix hot 6 hotspot wireless driver
- infinix hot 8 hotspot password
- infinix hot 8 wifi problem
- infinix hotspot problem
- infinix x402 after on he refuse to display
- infinix x600 how to tv wireless connected
- my hp laptop wifi is not connectingt to my infinix hot 6 hotspot
- my infinix hot6 x623 is failing to connect to the internet what should i do??
- my laptop cannot connect to infinix smart 2 hotspot
- my phone is requesting log in to connect hotspot
- security key fir connecting vudafon GH hotspot
- setting wifi 5Ghz on infinix s5
- share it problem for infinix hot 8
- wby can infinix s3 create a hotspot
- what is the default SSID for infinix smart android phone portable hot-spot
- windows 7 wifi not connecting on Android infinix hot 8
- infinix hot 6 hotspot
- Infinix hot 5 lite Default Wifi password
- How to turn infinix hot 7 hotspot
- can i download wifi for infinix note 2
- Common used hotspot password in infinix hot 5
- hopspot on infinix smart 2
- how configure my home wireles to workwith my infinix phone
- how to configure hot-spot on infinix hot6 pro
- how to configure infinix wi fi
- How to connect hotspot to a laptop using infinix hot 6
- how to connect infinix hot 6 to pc wifi
- how to connect infinix hot 6 to pc with hotspot
- how to connect infinix smart 4 to infinix note 6 hotspot
- how to connect wifi to hot 6 infinix
- how to connect your laptop to your infinix zero 5 hotspot
- How to edit the wifi password of hot infinix pro
- how to locate hotspot wifi in infinix using anothrr phone
- how to remove someone wifi from my hotspot infinix hot 6s
- how to set infinix note 3 mobile hotspot
- how to share hostpot on infinity hot 4
- wireless hotspot infinix
Latest posts by Ebenezer Obasi (see all)
- Install Windows 10/8/7 From USB Flash Drive with UEFI Support - January 31, 2019
- Windows 10’s Top 30 Tricks, Tips, and Tweaks in Pictures - January 26, 2019
- How to Use Google Docs Offline - December 22, 2018